Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Tainted Insanity

Just who the hell do you think you are, to treat me in this way,
who woke up and made you god, of all that you survey,
Did my consideration, give you the wrong impression,
that you could treat me worse, than a discarded possession,

Just where do you get off, with projecting on to me,
I never realised my fate of birth, to you meant second class,
did my crime of saying no, warrant your vindictive spree,
are you so blind, can you not see, just look into the glass,

How on earth do you justify, how badly you behave,
to write off years, to write a letter, you must of felt so brave,
to place the blame on my shoulders, by weaving fiction out of fact,
and expect the world and his mother, to pat you on the back.

(Entered for OneShotWednesday - 02-Mar-11)

13 comments:

  1. A great venting of feelings Abi ~ my kind of poet! Loved it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...powerful and intense right from the get go...made me sit up and take notice...way to give it from the gut....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol oh, dear abigail, this one rocked. told you it did ;)

    Monty / bummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very intense and meaningful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. A wonderfully painful poetic vent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - a perfectly controlled vent! I think we have all been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Linnet
    Interesting outburst of emotions ... and powerful at that... I enjoyed the feeling of outrage here... thanks for sharing..

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-winter-dew.html
    Twitter @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. powerful wonders...well expressed sentiments.
    best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please feel free to share 1 to 3 poems with our potluck poetry today, first time participants could use old poems or poems unrelated to our theme, Thanks..
    Happy Monday!

    signed in to follow your blog, welcome following us back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for you kind comment Jingle. I am now following Jingle Poetry blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect venting - can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete