Saturday, 26 February 2011

Sunrise



This morning when I woke,
I could not have known,
no knowledge did I have,
of what was to become,

As I started my journey,
It crept up from behind,
A tease in my rear view mirror,
Just a little glimpse of heaven,

Compelled to stop, I obeyed,
Turning to admire,
The full canvas uncovering,
Sunrise of the new day,

First a delicate pink,
Surrounded by indigo clouds,
with tinge of golden yellow,
Inky blue blackness fading fast,

Then like a crescendo,
The colours flood the sky,
Burning orange bleeds,
as molten gold erupts,

I cannot tear my eyes away,
the beauty is too great,
drawn into the moment,
I stand alone in awe,

finally, when it feels like,
It could not ever improve,
Dawn steps out her bed,
It the most delicate of blues.

Good morning world, I love you.

3 comments:

  1. You captured this moment of nature's majesty and beauty in such a wonderful way. In such moments we feel like touched by God's finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is so beautiful Abigail, that I had lovely goosebumps as I read it. Really stunning piece of work. Q x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both for you most kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete