Sunday, 27 February 2011

A mothers love, dear friend

I felt her pain hitting me, howling on the winds of Maine,
her tears cut into my skin, lashing like ice laden rain,

sorrowful was her heart, for injustice from the start,
she yearns to hold her child, without memories defiled,

now a soldier of war, a man with family and more,
maybe he didn't realise, the pain his absence provides,

yet still the boy inside, wanting for his father's eyes,
willing to forgive all, for just one chance to stand tall,

save your tears dear friend, for history will out in the end,
those were not wasted years, you care to much to pretend,

for every little sacrifice, with all the scars cut on your life,
your path may be hard to walk, but you are far more than talk,

right from the start, you were an angel, to our hearts,
you understood our pain, helped us back up again,

so please understand, you are so much more,
than just a mother now, my sweet dear friend.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful epic description - precisely how it should be! I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Whoops! That was supposed to be my comment. Just put it from the wrong id :P
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harish,

    Thankyou for your kind comment. My lovely friend in Maine, who I wrote it about will be so pleased you feel that way. :)

    ReplyDelete