Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Raging against pain

Undeserving of such contempt,
the urge to vent, overwhelming,
what have I said or done,
or was it an omission,
heartache adds to pain,

I wish I didn't care,
I wish I had a heart of stone,
so hard you could not carve your name,
even with a diamond pen,

I swear these tears,
of poison ink, will be the last,
I pray,   I think,
how to make a lie,
into reality,

What is it, you want from me,
you have all I have to give,
why then torture me,
by leaving me,
in a state, of heightened anxiety,

I confess,
I do not profess, to understand,
only know this feeling,
in my chest,
is slowly,
destroying all I ever held dear.

2 comments:

  1. "I wish I didn't care,
    I wish I had a heart of stone,
    so hard you could not carve your name,
    even with a diamond pen"

    Brilliant lines but I detest this. Trust me, it isn't cool at all to be like that. For me, its an incurable disease and there's no turning back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the biggest compliment I have ever been paid!

    Yes I hate it too, that is why I love that I wrote it. It left me and entered the poem!

    Abi

    Give yourself chance, you might surprise yourself..

    ReplyDelete