Monday, 11 April 2011

Moonlit folly

You say to trust lust,
I say, I can never go that way,
it would have me chasing stardust,
wishing on a star, far far away,

If I allow myself,
what delicious dreams I could have,
wandering without a care,
naked in his head,

I could reel, in senses overload,
to feel his skin, hear his words,
feel his lips, drawing me in, what a sin,

To ride astride, a unicorn,
lit only by moonlight,
to hear him whisper my name,
such wicked delight,

To roll within, a passionate embrace,
face to face, like dragons locked in deathly grip,
never letting go, lest he slip away,

No, love is a hard taskmaster,
that is for sure, but lust alone,
is but a shadow, a half measure,
leading me to folly's door.

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, without love lust is rather hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, it is...a temporary secession that only enhances the loneliness afterward...nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great description of lust, and it is empty while love is full of life. honest writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol now why is it, dear abigail, much of this has such familiar ring to it. . .I ponder :) job well done, lady :)

    Monty / bummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great one shot. Lust without love doesn't take you very far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wandering naked in his head -- such an awesome thought. Something tells me, with a heart and brain like yours, you are. Wandering naked in his head, I mean. :)

    So glad I popped over from One Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. splendid write, awesome thoughts....

    lust is for the youth at heart, the transient and even the cowards, I learned that much

    thanks for the reminder :)

    http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/04/14/in-remission/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apologies for late thanks.

    Thankyou all for such nice comments. Glad you all enjoyed my impromptu look at Lust.

    Special thanks to Monty and my Muse :)

    Abi

    ReplyDelete