Thursday, 28 April 2011

A Desert Rose


I yearn for understanding and yet I fear, I am further from the answers than ever before.

Was it an illusion I felt? Did the fabric deceive me?  My soul twisted and torn, left almost forlorn, all just a slight of hand.

Did I just misunderstand? when I opened the door offering trust, showing what I am. Was I measured and found lacking?

I feel the Universe is yoked in irony, is this some cruel joke? That yet again I fall on my face, tasting the dirt and blood intermingling.

As I rise from the earth once again, I wish to look in the eyes of he who judged me harshly. I want to react, but it is not in me.



All I have is my affection, the rest left dropped like shoes shed when running in the grass. I wait for the petals to wilt and fall.

But by some damnation, a divine twisted intervention, it lives still. A desert rose in the wilderness of this small moon.

You have no comprehension, understanding or suggestion. Either that, or a blackened soul of midnight coal free of obligation.

Yet still you have a diamond, stuck in the tread of your soul. It cannot be scratched by your endeavours shining still, I smile.

No dream or delusion, free from restrain of searching. Heart, body, mind and soul singing melodies, only wishing you could see.


(Picture kindly provided by Peter Wilkin with grateful thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment